Dr Ernie Hill
My research spans the general areas of sensors and magnetics with main interests in the areas of thin film sensors and magnetic measurement instrumentation.
Recent interests include:
- Sputtering of permanent magnet materials with applications for magnetoresistor bias and magnetic storage media.
- Observation and numerical modelling of the micromagnetic behaviour of thin films.
- Design and modelling of low-power magnetoresistive sensors for low-field applications.
- Integration of thin film structures with signal processing electronics for sensing applications.
- Investigation of the use and production of hybrid thin and thick film sensors for gas detection.